upgrading video cards...

David Kramer wrote:
> The thing I like about dkms is that it happens automagically.  When a
> new kernel is installed, dkms recompiles the kernel for it with no user
> intervention.

I was going to send a suggestion for this to the author of Envy, but I
checked the FAQ first and I see:

http://albertomilone.com/envyngfaq.html#F

   F) What happens if the kernel is upgraded (e.g. via system updates)?

   You won't have to do anything at all. DKMS will automatically install
   the module for your new kernel. NOTE: make sure that the kernel
   headers (linux-headers) for that kernel are also installed.

So it uses DKMS under the hood? (I sent the author an email on this a
few days ago, but no response so far.)

I haven't experienced the automatic driver rebuild on kernel update, but
perhaps that's because I switched from Envy Legacy to EnvyNG around the
same time I last updated the OS.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro