Recommendation for a Gig Switch

Stephen Goldman <sgoldman-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>    Looking for a recommendation for a 12 "gig" switch. Open to
> suggestions please.

Take a look at the D-Link DGS1024D which I recently bought to replace a
now-aging 8-port Netgear gigE switch.

This one has a whopping 24 ports for the price once charged for 8 (under
$200).  No problems with it so far.  Burns only about 7 watts at idle.
Downside:  has annoying loud fan; locate your wiring panel outside physical
range of normal usage.

No SNMP manageability.  It boggles my mind that 2009 is here and SNMP isn't
built into every gizmo on the planet yet.

-rich