Listen to the hum of your computer network.

I think that I read about this before and was wondering if anyone
knows more about the subject.  It is a way to monitor your computer
network by listening to the sound (noise) made from the various
processes going on within the network.  All the networking and
computer processes are converted into individual sounds which are
channeled to sound card and played through the speakers.  This enables
one to monitor the daily activities of the network by listening to its
hum.  When the network is under attack or any other abnormal
condition, the hum should sound significantly different than the
normal hum.

Jay