The MythTV Thread

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Minor update from my end: my primary frontend is now a core 2 duo at
> 2.16GHz, in the form of a Dell Studio Hybrid, which I bought refurbished
> with a 20% off coupon, for a grand total of $408.64, including tax and
> shipping. It can just *barely* handle most (vbr) 1080p h.264 content,
> which the mac mini couldn't.
Hi Jarod,

Can you please elaborate on "It can just *barely* handle most (vbr) 1080p
h.264 content" ?
I was planning on building a mythtv system for a friend
(1xbackend-6xfrontends) and I was going to use the "Dell Studio Hybrid" for
the frontends but I am concerned about it's ability to playback HD 1080p
video.

I wish Dell would make a version of the Studio Hybrid with a Nvidia graphics
card that could take advantage of the new
http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13102 VDPAU drivers , the
http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13109 benchmarks  look SWEET.