virtual box

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 1:08 PM, David Rosenstrauch <darose-prQxUZoa2zOsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> In fact, I even share the same Linux guest OS, sometimes running it on a
> Windows host, and sometimes on a Linux one.  (That doesn't work for
> Windows guests, though, as Win doesn't take kindly to the underlying
> hardware changing massively from under it.)

This should work no problem with the same VirtualBox version and
configuration, and even across minor versions.  I've done this several
times without issue using a WinXP guest.  In this scenario the
hardware from the perspective of the guest is the same regardless of
the guest and the host.  It kind of defeats one of the main purposes
of virtualization if you can't move the VM around ...