Backups

I've been backing up a few terabytes at home for a couple of years.  I was
using tape and hp's data protector.  It would have been expensive but I was
using old equipment from a previous employer.  Back when the total was 2 TB
it took about 2 days.  Someone here on the list suggested just using a
second server to hold a copy of the data.  So, I've been doing that for
about a year now.

Last fall, I lost my main server.  No problem, I rebuilt it and copied the
data back from the backup server (which is normally shut off).  All I lost
was the data since the last backup/copy/rsync.

Jarod,

I hope the 1.5 seagate's work well for you. I just bought a few of the 1TB
drives.  The reviews on the 1.5's wasn't very positive.  I'm interested to
hear how you make out with your drives.