silent keys

On a laptop I have a couple of keys that according to xev produce no key
events. (They appear to be normal keyboard keys, and not application
launcher or other oddities that could be handled separately from the
normal keyboard controller.)

Where is the best place to start tracking down a fix? xorg.conf?
(Currently I don't see anything relating to the keyboard there. I see
the kbd driver man page describes some of the keyboard related xorg.conf
options.)

I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed at the xkbcomp or
keymaps level, or if the lack of scan codes suggests a problem further
up the chain, like the kernel.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro