Launchpad to be free

I can understand not wanting to put more $$ into a 'dead end' product
unless there
was something that can be gained over the expenses.  In my opinion, doing an
'as is' license for two generations back of product (would that be
'95, ME, or 2000
at this point?) with 'open licensing' could be of some advantage to
MS, but that is
my opinion, and theirs is the only one that really counts.