Ethernet over unused twisted pair?

No, no fiber in the area.  And a quarter of a mile to the nearest road.
No DSL, no cable either.  We live on a scout camp in what is a rural county
in TN (about 25 miles NW of Nashville).

I only found out by going down to the power company and asking about
our bill, to see if some power saving items helped, and they showed me
the 'hour by hour' power measurement reading (still in KWH, nothing finer).

It also helps them during power outages (broken power lines are common,
in winter with ice, and all year due to winds blowing trees into lines).  We
still have a minor outage (per my UPS log) one to 4 ties per week and a
major one few of months (an hour or more).

IHS ... Jack