re-install problem

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 18:47 -0400, John Boland wrote:
> well, i have an explanation about the install!
> i changed the partition flag from linux to ntfs and the windows install
> works!
> go figure, linux (at least fedora 9 and 10) prevents installation of another
> operating system (at least windows xp).
> of course, as always, YMMV. this probably only applies to some of the funky
> hardware i've got.
>
> at least this way i can setup a dualboot config.  i'd still rather not. if
> anyone knows another way to get this game (in multiplayer mode) to work
> under linux, i'd really like to know.
>
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:02 PM, John Boland <jj.boland-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > greg,
> > thanks for the note on cedega, i had forgotten about them.
> > however, it doesn't support multiplayer games of civ4 which is what we want
> > to do.
> > thanks again, i have to keep looking.
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Gregory Boyce <gboyce-qL0WqcyiFk9Wk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>wrote:
> >
> >>  one of my kids wants to play a game that i am unable to get to work with

> >> Cedega from Transgaming is a commercial variant of Wine that specializes
> >> in gaming.  According to their game database, Civ 4: Warlords should work
> >> fine on it.
> >>
> >> http://www.cedega.com/gamesdb/games/view.html?game_id=5125
> >>
> >> Its not free, but it might work for you.

I personally use/purchased cedega, and it kicks @$$. I finally was able
to install and play Warcraft3 (NOT WOW) without any hitches. The
system's game DB is constantly being updated to include new games as
they come out, and if you like you can cancel the subscription and stay
at the level of Cedega that you are on. In other words, as the current
version works good for me I can now cancel my subscription and continue
to use it. I will simply not get the upgrades/updates. To me it was well
worth the $25 ....

now if only I had time to actually _play_ this damn game ! :(

Richard