Desktop Relevance

> from an IT standpoint Microsoft is the best thing that has happened

> Yikes!  Personally I would prefer to manage Linux boxes.  But I've never
> done so professionally.

What I meant by this was that they create problems and people with problems
need other people to fix them.  IE. Right now I am at an office that has 5
windows desktops 2 of which are inandated with viruses thus keeping me in
business... I agree as far as I can tell so far after using a mac and seeing
the power of Linux, Windows PC's are useless

> Linux can seem somewhat of a daunting task to learn
> There's so much documentation and a large and friendly community
> learning about Linux won't be difficult at all for you.

I agree but look at a peice of software like MS Office.  At my school they
just upgraded everyone from 03 to 07 and all I hear from faculty and staff
is how horrible it is.  That may be true but I have had no problems with the
upgrade.  People just hate to learn new stuff.  Imagine training everyone at
an office to use Linux.  It would be great work but a lot of time/money and
aggrivated workers

Kyle