Desktop Relevance

KyleL wrote:
> People just hate to learn new stuff.  Imagine training everyone at
> an office to use Linux.  It would be great work but a lot of time/money and
> aggrivated workers

The operating system is growing largely irrelevant for casual business
users of PCs. If you slowly transition an office over to cross platform
applications, like OpenOffice, Firefox, and Thunderbird, when you do get
around to switching the OS, they're not likely to notice. Chances are
the differences that impact them will be less than what they experience
in a typical Windows upgrade, given Microsoft's fondness for monkeying
with the UI.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro