Synergy [was Desktop relevance]

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:34 PM,  <jkinz-+hffLmS/kj4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 09:30:43PM -0400, Rich Braun wrote:
>> The VMware Server 2.0 solution royally *sucks*. ?I hate it! ?I'm almost ready
>> to give up on it but don't want to because I like being able to copy/paste
>> stuff between Linux and Microsoft apps running on a single display. ?On both
>

> Rich, have you looked at Synergy? lets you use Linux and Win.
> displays from one keyboard/mouse - It allows cross system pastes.
>
> Useful if you are going to have more than one machine running
> even if they are different OS'es. I used to use it all the time.
> (before I stopped using win)
>
> http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

[snip]

Just wanted to add +1 for synergy.

I'm constantly moving between home and office and I'll sometimes have
three notebooks running simultaneously: a couple Linux notebooks and a
Macbook.  With Synergy, I can use my comfortable ergonomic keyboard
and mouse to control all three machines.   Plus, the kids think it's
magic when the mouse moves from one screen to another :-D .

(Now if I could just get dual head working again since the "upgrade"
to Ubuntu 8.10)

--
Greg Rundlett
Web Developer - Initiative in Innovative Computing