VMMs and networks

Generally, a VM has a couple of ways to connect to a network. One way is =

to use NAT, and another way is to bridge, where the VM is able to use an =

IP address assigned to it via DHCP from some server on the network, of a =

static IP. Right now I have a VM with its own company IP address sharing =

eth1 (wireless).

What I would like to be able to do is to have 1 physical  interface=20
dedicated to the host OS, and a second interface dedicated exclusively=20
to a virtual machine.  Assume the host OS has 2 interfaces, eth0, and=20
eth1. Eth0 is owned by the host OS and has its own IP address. I want to =

be able to set up the virtual machine on eth1 without eth1 being=20
configured with an IP address on the host os. Conceivably they could be=20
on the same or different physical networks.

example:
eth0 - host os ip address aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd - not used by VM
eth0 - host os (no IP configured) - VM connected as aaa.bbb.ccc.dde

Basically, the reason for this is I'm giving a talk to BNUG next month,=20
and I'm updating my VM presentation to talk more about networking. My=20
laptop currently runs Ubuntu decrepid goat with virtualbox from which=20
I'll be doing the presentation. At home I ma using Fedora 10 with KVM.=20
But my question is more generic in terms of how to assign a physical=20
network device to a VM. I know I can play around with the routing tables =

so that the host never tries to send anything to this.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846