free speech and privacy respecting social networking site?

does one exist?  one that allows people to receive and impart
information and ideas without restriction?

(you can stop reading here.  the rest is just me typing too much.)

i've been using facebook for a couple of months and like it greatly.
also like that they use f/oss.  then i posted a link to a torrent file
on thepiratebay.org to a tv show that wasn't available where i live
(japanese martial arts event).  facebook blocks the link.  redirects
users to a security page.  it's really easy to work around but still
bums me out.

an article about it. "Facebook Overreacts: Decides All Of The Pirate Bay
Is Illegal"
http://techdirt.com/articles/20090408/2132314439.shtml

thanks,
eric 'the pirate' c.