Thunderbird - sort by threads

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> ...a folder that tends to lose its memory and lose the threading.
> ...every once in a while the threads are collapsed.

I've seen these symptoms too, and have been attributing them to the pile
of extensions I use to make Thunderbird livable.

Thunderbird generally seems to be less than reliable at maintaining
local storage and metadata. It doesn't take much to corrupt an index
file. While there's no loss of email data, read-state and flags (tags)
can get wiped.

These index problems can be avoided if you use IMAP for storage, it
seems. I've been wondering of the folder view metadata also would
benefit from this.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro