Campus cops treat Ubuntu use as sign of criminality

If this story is true, there is some serious pinheadery going on in
Chestnut Hill.

In March, Boston College campus police were investigating a case of
e-mail harassment and seized a student I.T. worker's computers.

In their application for a warrant, some of the signs of his "illegal
activities" were that he was a computer expert, ran multiple operating
systems, and even used a command-line interface!

Along with his computers they took his cell phone and Ubuntu CD (ooh -
scary!).

The EFF is helping the student:
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/04/boston-college-prompt-commands-are-suspicious

--