Anyone using Ubuntu 9.04?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Mick T <michael.timony-H+0wwilmMs3R7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I actually documented dontzap and the ATI driver problem on my blog, and
> disabling ctrl-alt-backspace really annoyed the heck out of me. I can
> see how it may be useful for users new to Linux and/or Ubuntu, but I
> don't like it! ;)

This sort of thing has happened before.  I remember a few years ago when
they removed the option to push a window behind others by right-clicking
on the titlebar. There was a huge outcry about how badly that crippled the
interface, but for a while the Gnome developer who did that rejected all
complaints with an argument to the effect that Windows users don't have
this feature, therefore it needs to be gotten rid of.

I recall one particularly bizarre argument where the guy said he was sick of
listening to all the complaints, and replied with a statement to the effect of
"I'll tell you the same thing I told the other 10,000 people who complained.
NOBODY WANTS THAT FEATURE!!!"

It got added back in not long after that.

GnuPG KeyID: 0xD5C7B5D9 / Email: abreauj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
GnuPG FP: 72 FB 39 4F 3C 3B D6 5B E0 C8 5A 6E F1 2C BE 99