Ubuntu 9.04: Alsa-driver

Randy Cole wrote:
> Alsa-driver is still broken in Ubuntu 9.04 for...IDT 92HD71B7 chipset
>
> Workaround:
> Go to alsaproject, download alsa-driver & alsa-kmirror. Compile
> alsa-kmirror first. I used git checkout to pull the source, followed by
> ../gitconfigure and make install.
>
> Recompile alsa-driver every time the kernel is changed.

I've been going through a similar procedure after every kernel upgrade
in Ubuntu 8.10 for my Acer laptop. Sounds like I might need to keep
doing it with 9.04.

I've been hoping that someone would put together a DKMS config to
automate the rebuild. I took a look at doing this, but the DKMS stuff
seemed too convoluted to grasp in the limited time I was willing to
spend. (The download/rebuild procedure has already been automated with a
script, it just doesn't get automatically triggered after kernel upgrades.)

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA