Monitors Won't Sleep in TwinView Mode (Ubuntu Jaunty / gnome-power-manager)

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 09:27 -0400, BassKozz wrote:
> On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Matthew Gillen <me-5yx05kfkO/aqeI1yJSURBw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > BassKozz wrote:
> > > I've had this issue since Hardy (8.04), and each upgrade (intrepid and
> > now
> > > jaunty) I've been crossing my fingers and hoping for a fix but it has not
> > > come :(

> > > from "Separate X-Sessions" to "TwinView" the monitors won't go into sleep
> > > mode.
> > > My video card is: nVIDIA GeForce 8600GT and I am using the restricted
> > > drivers v180.44
> > > Both monitors are hooked up to that videocard, however one of them is run
> > > thru a KVM (because I use one of my monitors to work on multiple
> > computers).
> > > Also should be noted I am using 64bit version of Ubuntu Desktop, of which
> > > just upgraded to Jaunty.
> >
> > The KVM is probably interrupting X's auto-detection of the DPMS
> > capability of the monitor.  You can try adding
> >  Option "DPMS" "True"
> > in both the device and monitor sections of your xorg.conf, or running:
> >  xset +dpms
> > after you log in.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Matt
> >

> Thanks for the reply Matt...
> Unfortunately that didn't work. DPMS was already enabled as an option in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> And I ran "xset +dpms" in term and still a no-go :(
>
> The reason I don't believe my KVM is the culprit is because the screensaver
> works fine.  I have my screen saver setup to go to a blank screen after
> 15minutes and I have the power management setup to turn the screens off
> after 20minutes. Like I said after 15minutes the screensaver activates just
> fine, however the monitors never go into sleep mode after 20minutes like
> they should.

Is it possible to bypass the KVM, even for 20 minutes, just to make sure
sure sure it is not the KVM ? regardless of the screensaver test ?
I am using dual monitor with twin-view and an NVIDIA card and the
monitors do go to sleep....
Video card : NVidia GeForce Go 7600
Hardware/OS : HP dv9000 running Ubuntu 9.04