systems and network administrator position available in downtown Boston

Hello everyone,

Just saw that one of TripAdvisor's subsidiaries, FlipKey.com, is looking
for a Systems and Network Administrator.

If you are interested, you can apply at
https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_expedia/external_tripadvisor/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=33829&localeCode=en-us

Any questions, feel free to email me directly.  Please specify me as the
employee referral if you decide to apply.. and let me know if you do so
I can bug HR and make sure they got the application.

Here's the listing info I was given:

Position Description
FlipKey is looking for a Systems and Network Administrator to join and
help lead our growing company.  The person in this position will be
responsible for overseeing full operational support for all hardware,
software, and networks.
Backed by TripAdvisor, FlipKey is an independent startup looking to
shake up the fast-growing travel niche of vacation rentals.  This
position is an outstanding opportunity for a strong, entrepreneurial
minded sys admin interested in helping create a breakthrough online
service to help consumers find and book the ideal vacation rental.
FlipKey?s offices are located in downtown Boston.
Requirements:
-3+ years of professional Linux/BSD Network and/or Systems
Administration Experience.
-3+ years of professional experience supporting LAMP (Linux, Apache,
Mysql, PHP) stack web architecture.
-Experience with hosting in a Data Center Collocation facility.
-Strong background in open source technologies.
-Must be proficient at bash shell scripting, and python is desirable.
-Knowledge of common hardware such as load balancers, firewalls, etc.
-Understanding in how to build and support a best practice network
architecture.
-A desire to be part of a startup company building an industry leading
service.
-Willingness to be on call for 24/7 emergency support.
-Pluses: Apache and/or MySQL optimization experience, strong security
background, advanced programming skills.

Sample responsibilities:
-Build out and maintain production network at collocation facility.
-Install software on servers and stay current with security patches,
updates, etc.
-Proactively resolve any errors or system failures.
-System monitoring and performance tweaking.
-Setup and maintain office VPN.
-Acquire, setup, and maintain employee computers as needed.
-Maintain office network, internal servers, and necessary software products.

FlipKey is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Cheers

--
Ryan Pugatch
Systems Administrator