Automount and /home

Adding retry=3D3 (the default is 2) has no effect.  The issue appears not=
=20
to be automount per se, but that the first login (either directly on the =

console or via ssh) seems to try the home directory before the=20
automounter has time to mount it. One test I can try is to ssh as=20
another user, and see if I get the same result. I don't see this problem =

on any of the other servers (mostly RHEL 5.2 x86_64). The other IA64 is=20
running RHEL 4.0. There are 2 scenarios that need to be tested:
1.First user login after a boot (this is where I encounter an issue).=20
(eg. no one else home directories are mounted).
2. Login by any user if his home directory is not yet mounted (or had=20
auto unmounted). This is the case I just tested on the RHEL4 system and=20
RHEL 5.2 x86_64.
I also performed the test on an x86_64 system where no one else's home=20
directories were mounted.

SO, the issue seems to occur only on one IA64 system. I'll have to=20
create a bogus user to test case #2 on the IA64.

BTW: The monitor issue was strange. My Windows system came us as=20
1024x768 (normally 1680x1050) and did not recognize the monitor, so I=20
think the issue might have been that Windows kind of set the monitor=20
into a strange setting. A reboot of Windows cleared things up on both=20
sides :-)

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846