another fedora release...

On Jun 9, 2009, at 1:29 PM, John Abreau wrote:

> I'm planning to load it onto my netbook tonight, if I get out of the
> office early enough. I just loaded the preview release at the
> Installfest
> a bit over a week ago, and I haven't done much with the thing yet.
>
> Someone at the Installfest had asked me whether the Acer's wireless
> was working.  Wireless didn't work out of the box when I frst
> installed
> the preview release, but after I installed the package "broadcom-wl"
> and rebooted, wireless worked fine.

Which netbook? My own Acer netbook (Aspire One, 8.9" screen) came with
an Atheros wifi chip, which does work out of the box.

Note that broadcom-wl is the partially-closed-source driver direct
from Broadcom for their most recent (particularly n-capable) chips,
and is found in the RPM Fusion repo, not the Fedora repo.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org