Wake-on-lan trigger device for my office PC -- using OpenWRT?

Dan Ritter-2 wrote:

> Talk to your company IT people? They might be happy with:
> - not shutting down your office computer at all
> - offering you a command on one of the servers to fire a WoL
>   packet at your machine
> - offering some other solution, like a remote power switch

Good point. Actually I am myself "IT people" :^) I might talk to the network
guys and see what they say.

Dan Ritter-2 wrote:

> They might ask "What are you doing keeping important things on
> your desktop?". I know I might. I hate backing up desktop
> machines, and so do most other people -- which is why there's
> usually a policy about keeping everything important on a server
> which does get backed up regularly.

Also a good point, but actually there is very little code, words, and data
on my desktop that's irreplaceable per se. The problem is my development
environment (Adobe ColdFusion, Adobe FlexBuilder, IIS, Microsoft SQLServer
Management Studio) which is a bit PITA to setup, and not worth maintaining
on satellite computers. Not to mention the fact that FlexBuilder and
SQLServer's front-end absolutely refuse to run under WINE on my personal
computers. I actually just made the decision to migrate the office desktop
PC from Ubuntu + Windows-in-a-VM to Windows 7 + cygwin. ( *sniff sniff )