From: Scott Ehrlich
Sender: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
To: BLU
Subject: Goodbye to copper?
Sent: Jun 22, 2009 8:37 PM

I recently overheard a discussion from a FIOS tech saying at some
point in the near future the existing copper infrastructure is simply
so old it will be ripped out, apparently forcing existing landline
customers to switch to fiber...???   Didn't quite sound right, but
maybe the backbone infrastructure (poles/street) will be making way to
fiber?

Was this tech telling the truth, providing an assumption, or maybe
offering what he hopes might happen?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks.