TV USB Stick

On Jun 23, 2009, at 11:07 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> I'm seeing the UB435Q at Newegg for $30 + shipping (about $7).

They had it on special w/free shipping a few days ago. Was going to
get one for the heck of it, but they sold out in no time flat...

> However,
> there is a KW-ATSC-330U that seems to be carried at more places.

Also appears to be supported under Linux. Note that I believe it will
require digging up a firmware file for its Xceive tuner though.

> The
> reviews for the UB435Q are better than both the Hauppage 850 or 950.
> I'll post a review later after I get it and try it with Linux.

"It" being the UB435Q or ?. UB435Q support still isn't quite merged
into the v4l-dvb development tree, but should be Real Soon Now
(actually chatting w/one of the main linuxtv devs about it right now
on irc).