FIOS

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Jarod has business service w/5 static IP...

I thought it was only 1 static IP for the $99 price? (They don't seem to
specify on their site.)

I still tend to think the incremental cost for a static IP with FIOS is
not competitive with what the alternatives charge ($30 vs. $10 from most
ISPs - that's a $240/year premium).

Of course if their TOS varies (to permit servers) with the static IP
option, then the dynamic IP offering is a misnomer to call it business
class.

> Unless they've lowered prices and I'm blindly still paying the higher
> prices, I presume the $49.99 is for dynamic IP, no servers.

I don't think they've lowered prices. Lets see...

The $50 option is indeed with dynamic IP, a 2-year contract, and a step
slower (15/5 Mbps) than the $99 service (20/5 Mbps) (which also requires
a 2-year contract).

http://www22.verizon.com/content/businessfios/packagesandprices/packagesandprices.htm

  -Tom

--