fdisk -l and gparted inconsistent on ubuntu jaunty

I'm still working on installing my new system with the one terrabyte
drive and the 8G of memory.

Right now, I'm installing new packages, and it seems to be working, but
I'm concerned that "df" says that 94% of my / disk is full.

When I installed, I had gparted set up a 530G partition.  It thinks it
did, and its name is /dev/sda6, and that 12 G of that is now full.  This
is the kind of number I expect.

But when I run df, I get that root is mounted on /dev/sda3, and fdisk -l
and mount don't know anything at all about /dev/sda6.

Does this make any sense to anyone else?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Strong hope is a much greater stimulant of life than any realized joy
could be.

Nietzsche