Organizing my files (EASILY!!)

Good subject. While I don't have an answer directly, I recall that the
wearable computer guys, specifically Thad Starner had thought about that
and had some solutions. Additionally, Nat Friedman talked about that a bi=
t.

Basically, my personal solution is to use a hierarchy. I guess this
comes from my earlier days in IBM mainframes where everything was a
hierarchy. It is just the way IBM saw everything in the universe. IBM's
early database was a hierarchical storage system. The Linux/Unix file
system allows you to manage everything  hierarchically. Then you can use
beagle to help you manage the information. Just about every Linux distro
contains Beagle.

On 07/26/2009 12:48 PM, KyleL wrote:
> I am wondering if any of you have a good way of organizing your files. =
> Just recently got a new 1.5 TB HDD and I want to consolidate all the fi=
les I
> have spread about 3 different machines.
>
> The real trick here is a lot of these files are the same, some are
> older/newer.  I was wondering if any of you knew some good software tha=
> could help me do this with at least a little bit of easy rather than
> scrolling through each folder and looking at creation/last edit date.
>
>  =20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846