Aug 1 & 16- Global VOIP Free SW HW Culture meeting, BerkeleyTIP, For Forwarding

Interested in joining the friendly global Free SW HW & Culture
communities in a global Voice meeting?  You?re invited. :)

You can join from your home, or better: get a local meeting together.
Tip: a college WiFi cafe could be a great local meeting place.  Make
sure you have a VOIP headset!

For all details, see the website (I?m leaving out many sublinks to make
this email smaller).
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip

Start by joining #berkeleytip on IRC freenode.net.  We?ll help you get
your VOIP connection working. :)

=====  MARK YOUR CALENDARS: 1st Sat & 3rd Sunday each month. August 1 &
16.
10A - 6P Pacific US time (+7H GMT, IIRC)
= 1P-9P Eastern US time = 5P - 1A GMT ?

=====  MEETING TOPICS FOR AUGUST:
1) Whatever _you_ want to work on - Email the BTIPGlobal list &
let us know what your interests are.
2) Our VOIP conference server, using Asterisk.
3) Planning for year 2.

=====  JOIN FOR THE START OF YEAR 2 GLOBAL MEETINGs:
We had a great first year.  We had local attendees from around the San
Francisco Bay Area & Northern California.  High School, College, Grad
Students, & working & retired people attended.

>From the US, people joined the meeting (IRC or VOIP) from Hawaii to
Virgina, Washington to Michigan to Florida. (+ California & other
states.)

Globally, Sweden, Germany, England, Ireland, Iran & India (& maybe
others I don?t recall right now.) :)

In May Richard Stallman joined the global meeting for Q & A about free
SW & HW.

== YEAR 2 FOCUS: COLLEGE LOCAL MEETINGS, & AMERICAS? ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Two main things I?ll focus on this year:
1) Inviting groups to join at colleges & universities - BTIP is
educational.  My hope: if more students learn about free SW hw &
culture, some of them will then go on to become _contributors_. :)

2) I?ll try to get monthly announcements out to the biggest LUGs in the
10 largest countries in the Americas.

== What would _YOU_ like to accomplish this year?  Email the BTIP mail
list, say ?hi?, tell us about your interests, projects & desires.

=====  FOR FORWARDING - You are invited to forward this announcement
wherever you think it might be appreciated.