Suggestion for PHP Framework or CMS system

I'm looking for a suggestion for a project that I have coming up. I have a
long term client that I've redesigned his site 3 times since 1995, and this
time I would like to go away from static HTML and move to a backend system
that will let me easily manage static content (header/footer, static pages)
but also let me create dynamic DB driven content such as product databases,
other dynamic content, employee or customer only areas, etc.

I've used quite a bit of Drupal and Wordpress (mostly for blog sites, or
small static sites) in the past and I'm thinking they may not be flexible
enough, but also after looking at some of the PHP Frameworks, they seem like
it would take a lot of work to maintain a large website. So what are some of
the suggestions for either a Framework or CMS system? That provides lots of
functionality and easily modifiable, yet easy to use as the site and
components grow.

-matt
http://www.sysadminvalley.com
http://www.beantownhost.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboston
Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."