looking for a CMS type of thingie !

Really depends on how complex of a page you want.  With drupal you can set users with a "page" that can be full html they can edit.  You can probably find some kind of plugin for doing wysiwyg html.  And drupal will handle individual blogs for each user if your looking for that.

Or if you want something more complex I would look into django or ruby on rails options.  There are a lot of open projects, on both platforms, you could tweak to suit your needs.

------Original Message------
From: theBlueSage
Sender: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
To: BLU
Subject: looking for a CMS type of thingie !
Sent: Sep 13, 2009 2:33 PM

Hi,

This may not be a strictly Linux/Unix thing, but it will have to run on
Debian server :)

I am looking for a CMS type application that will allow me to allow a
large number of people to put up their own page within my domain. I
looked at wordpress server, but it would mean that I would have to
install wordpress for each person who wants a web page, and the
interface can get complex rather quickly. Really all I want the users to
have to do is crteat a single web page, the content of which they can
change at will. They will not need to manage it like a blog, so no
comments section, just as simple page editor.
Most of the openSource CMS solutions seem to be allow a single entity to
have many pages. I need to allow many entities to have a single
page ...
anyone know of a tool like that ?

thanks

Richard