[Position-available] Full-time position available: Software Development Manager - Waltham, MA

/*Full Disclosure: I work for this company as a Database Administrator,
not a recruiter, however I am paid a referral bonus if someone I refer
is hired. Constant Contact do not publish salary ranges ahead of time.

You can call me at 781.370.8610 if you have more questions.

The link for this posting is

http://www.constantcontact.com/about-constant-contact/careers/software-development-manager.jsp

and on it there is a button for online application.

 -=Beldon

*/ --=== Posting begins

Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses, associations, and nonprofits
connect with their customers, clients, and members. Launched in 1998,
Constant Contact? champions the needs of small organizations and provides
them with an easy and affordable way to build successful, lasting customer
relationships. Constant Contact's leading email marketing and survey
products?supported by our expert personal coaching and service?help all
types of small businesses and organizations create professional-looking
email newsletters and insightful online surveys, and begin a dialogue with
their customers. Today, more than 300,000 customers worldwide trust
Constant Contact to help them connect with their audience.

Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., with an additional office in Loveland,
Colo., Constant Contact was named Massachusetts Technology Leadership
Council "Company of the Year" in 2008 and is ranked as the 14th fastest
growing company on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for New England list.
We are searching for a development manager to lead one of our software
development teams. This role requires a diverse set of skills including
architecture, design, development, project management, mentorship, team
development and leadership.

This is a hands-on technical management position reporting to the Director
of SaaS Software Development. The selected candidate will bring new ideas,
creativity and a fresh perspective to our organization. You will lead by
example, adopting a "whatever it takes" mentality to get the job done,
fostering a sense of camaraderie, success and appreciation among your team.
Good communication and cooperation both within Engineering and with all
departments within the company is essential for the successful candidate to
create a successful business.

Actions and Results

    * Lead the new development and ongoing work on our Web Services team
    * Manage and develop staff, ensuring an understanding of individual and
department goals and responsibilities; communicate responsibilities;
provide regular feedback on performance; and identify skill-sets necessary
to support a rapidly growing business.
    * Interface with, communicate with and provide support to all
departments and organizations in the company, as necessary, to meet the
needs of the business.
    * Work with Product Management to translate the diverse needs of
customers, both internal and external, into concrete requirements and help
evaluate these requirements based upon value to the business.
    * Work closely with operations to understand and address production
requirements and issues.

Skills and Experience

    * B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
    * Proven track record leading successful software teams
    * 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years in a managerial or
team lead role
    * Experience leading software development teams using SOA, Web
Services, Java, Servelets, JSP, J2EE and open source libraries to create
web-based applications
    * Direct experience working with a relational database (Oracle, DB2)
    * Familiarity with Agile processes, particularly Scrum
    * Familiarity with a broad mix of technologies including: Solaris,
Windows, Linux, Web Servers, HTML, XML, UI frameworks, Spring
    * Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
    * Self directed and self motivated.
    * Detail and deadline oriented along with a willingness to meet the
needs of a 24/7 environment.
    * Experience with the design and implementation for scaling large
systems is highly desirable.

Constant Contact offers a competitive compensation package that includes
base salary and stock options. Our benefit package is comprehensive and
includes Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision Insurance; 401(K); 529
College Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Accounts; Paid Vacation/Holidays;
Short Term Disability; Long Term Disability; Tuition Reimbursement;
Adoption Assistance; and, an exciting Stock Option Plan!

If you desire to make a difference, are committed to bringing the highest
quality of service to our customers and are looking for a "once in a
lifetime" opportunity, send us your resume and salary requirements for
consideration.

We are not accepting employment agency referrals for this position.