Canon Pixma MP980 multifunction printer

   Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 02:41:03 -0400
   From: David Kramer <david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org>

   I just got one of these printers as part of a package deal, so I
   didn't have a choice. It has a network jack and a USB jack.  I
   would prefer to figure out how to talk to it over the network, but
   I'll settle for USB.  Has anyone worked with these Pixma printers
   from Canon?

   After I solve the connection problem, it's not listed in CUPS. Can
   someone point me at the PPD files for this printer?

   Also, which network protocol does it use to talk to it wired (IPP,
   LPD, ...)? The manual doesn't say.

Gutenprint doesn't support it directly, but it's possible that one of
the other Pixma drivers in Gutenprint (such as the MP830) might work
with it.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk-FrUbXkNCsVf2fBVCVOL8/A at public.gmane.org>

--Eric Crampton