Flash player works only for a while

Theodore Ruegsegger wrote:
> I'm running 32-bit on both machines where I've observed the problem.
>
> I can't find any such process with ps; perhaps that's just for 64-bit systems.

Yes, it is, and I guess npviewer.bin is just a red herring as far as the
symptom you're observing. In a way it is unfortunate you aren't running
a 64-bit OS, as the npviewer.bin wrapper process provides a convenient
way of killing off the Flash resource hog and resetting it when it
misbehaves without disrupting the running Firefox.

I'd still recommend using that file name as a search term to uncover
discussion and bug reports that are more relevant to the symptom you're
observing. I'd also recommend browsing through Ubuntu's Launchpad bug
tracker for bugs filed against Flash.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro