I enjoyed writing this ALOT!

I thought you folks might enjoy this rant. This guy's a good friend, but
I constantly give him a hard time about his M$-centric lifestyle, and he
will do the same to me for my *NIX-centric leanings. He's a very bright
Windows admin, and we give each other jabs on a regular basis. But this
particular one was alot of fun.
1200CC wrote:
> Hey,
> When you send a document to your boss, or a customer, do you create
> it in Notepad?

Actually, I use vi. Although I sometimes use Google-docs.

> There are such things as Word Processors, you know.  Oh yeah - HTML
> email too!!!!!!

Sheep. That's what you are. When was the last time you used software
that wasn't tied to some sort of proprietary format? Would you buy a car
that could only run on gasoline that the manufacturer provided? And in
two years when they say support for your car's gasoline is EOL, would
you be dumb enough to buy another one?

You could read it, couldn't you? It didn't hurt your eyes, did it? It
wasn't friggen blinking, scrolling, or otherwise containing some sort of
annoying 'feature' that the manufacturer thought was a proper way to
display text. It's TEXT. I'm sending you TEXT! No images, no colors, no
embedded music. It's JUST TEXT. HTML is for web pages and sales guys. If
I want to convey a message, I can do it with just words.

Did I convey my ideas effectively in this message?

Have a nice day!

Oh, and I don't top-post either ;-).
Grant M.
--