Syncronizing windows with linux?

It's been a long time since I tried this, but I recall that when a machine
dual-boots XP and Linux, and Linux is properly set up to treat the
hardware clock as UTC, then the two OSes step on each other's
clocks. XP insists on the local clock being set to the local timezone.

It's been years since I set up a dual-boot system, so this could have
changed by now.