No Sound on Fedora 11 2.6.30 kernel (2.6.29 works fine)

Jerry,

I've experienced the opposite after the last couple of updates - sound
is now working on Fedora (2.6.30.8-64.fc11.x86_64) without having to
custom compile alsa-driver.

You can try what I've had to do for nine months, every time the kernel
updates:

First, run alsa-info.sh which will concisely display what alsa *thinks*
you are running. Just for yucks, see if it is different between 2.6.29
and 2.6.30. If alsa-info.sh isn't on your system, you can find it in the
alsa-driver/tools after you download the source.

Then download alsa-driver & the usual configure/make/make install.

Here is what alsa-driver-1.0.21/SUPPORTED_KERNELS says:

" The alsa-drivers in this package are designed for the following kernels:

- Vanilla 2.6.29 or earlier
- Vanilla 2.4.31 or earlier
- Vanilla 2.2.26 or earlier

It's not guaranteed that they work with any newer version than above
or modified kernels by distributors.
"
Good luck,
Randy