how to detect (and kill) tunnel-only ssh connections?

The question is whether the OpenBSD user expiration merely
disables the user account, or actually deletes it.  This thread
seems to be asuming the user is deleted and not just disabled.

But I would expect "expired" would just disable the user account.
Otherwise, why not just say "deleted" in the first place?

OP referenced the command

    pw usermod userA -e 1

Googling the pw manpage fow PW doesn't clarify what "expire"
actually does. However, the command

    pw userdel -n userA -r

is the proper way to delete a user. I would expect "expire" will
simply disable the user account, but it should still exist in
/etc/passwd.