New Laptop

    David> Jerry Feldman wrote:
    >> Gparted is always in my carry bag.

    David> BTW, Ubuntu LiveCD has Gparted on it, so if you have
    David> Ubuntu, you have Gparted already.

Yes, but it might not be as good a gparted as the one from gparted.
When I installed the linux partition on my new desktop, the gparted on
the Ubuntu install disk couldn't deal with the Vista partition (it
kept saying, "The enclosing drive for the volume is locked"), but the
CD I burned from the gparted site had no problems.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

America, where you're free to say anything you want, and you'd better
not say what you're not supposed to!

Tommy Smothers, quoted by Cory Doctorow on the Boing Boing blog