Software as a profession sucks, a rant.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Gordon Marx <gcmarx-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Jack <jack-rp9/bkPP+cDYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I found an unbelievable amount of feeling of being free
>> just by paying off my mortgage. ?A little piece of freedom
>> from having to pay someone else for the right to live
>> in 'my house'.
>
> Until you pay off the mortgage, the bank is kindly letting you live in
> THEIR house.

Yep, it stays their house till you fulfill the contract you and they
signed up under.

>> Then the tax bill comes, and I still have to pay someone else to use what I 'own'.
>
> This is because you get services from the government. It's part of
> what we call the "social contract".
>
> Yours in reality,
> Gordon

Yes, it is a 'social contract'.  But if you can't pay the tax, you still
don't own it, and someone else will after you are evicted.

Just a different perspective of the same events.  And unless there is enough
un-rest to re-envoke indivituals rights, it will continue.  To one
extent or another
we have been fighting this battle from the first vollies in Cambridge over 200
years ago, and we still have an opertunity to fight it every time we
go to the polls.

Now how we view and vote is our collective answer to how much liberty we
as individuals want.  The good thing is we get to re-fight this war in a more
civil manner on a regular basis, rather than just pull out the
Declairation of Independance
and 'reboot' the country.

... sorry, I don't mean to be preachie. ... just a personal hot button
as of late.

Take care... Jack