Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 Upgrade script extremely inefficient (downloads from the internet, ignores local CD image)

On Oct 30, 2009, at 5:29 AM, Randy Cole wrote:
> day.  (Why would I need to download so many packages on day zero)?
> So I

How much stuff have you installed that was not on your original
install CD image?  Any KDE for example?  That's why.  It may be too
late for you now, but Karmic has DVD images available.  Those should
have less need for tapping the network to do the upgrade.

--Rich P.