nfs fun

Matthew Gillen wrote:
> Does anyone know how to map an NFS file-handle to a filename on the NFS server?

This was discussed on the BBLISA list back in May. See:

http://www.bblisa.org/pipermail/bblisa/2009-May/002209.html
   The summary of responses was, in effect:  there is no way to do it on
   a general Linux system.

   Several people pointed out places where documentation (e.g. lsof)
   implies this should be doable, but experimentally it works for NFS
   clients but not servers.

See other messages in the thread, such as:
http://www.bblisa.org/pipermail/bblisa/2009-May/002200.html

in case you have better luck with the suggested solutions than the OP had.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA