[somewhat off-topic] Comcast and Verizon

Matthew Gillen wrote:
> On 10/31/2009 12:05 AM, David Kramer wrote:
> I wasn't actually complaining about the no-server-rule (this time, though
> that certainly is a pet peeve of mine ;-) ), I was coming at it more from
> the point of view of Comshaft being a leader (THE leader?) in demonstrating
> why the net-neutrality / ISPs-classified-as-common-carrier laws are needed.
>
> And why subject yourself to that?  Maybe they don't do bandwidth shaping on
> the business class.  But it costs twice as much for the same 'bandwidth'.
>
> Are you saying I should buy business class if I want to use bittorrent?
> Comcast has a bit of history there...

I'm saying if you want to do things that are not allowed in the contract
for a service plan, don't sign up under that service plan.  If there are
no rules against bittorrent, and they're blocking/slowing bittorrent,
that's bad (but currently perfectly legal).