Stupid sysadmin question

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Some of my users want to be able to access our servers directly from
> Exceed. I'm not overly concerned about security since we are locked down
> under a VPN. I need Exceed to be able to use ssh, but it looks like the
> options are to use either rsh or rexec.

Ssh is an add-on option from eXceed. Worked nice for us back when, but I'm
mostly using PuTTY at $dayjob these days, don't need much X based apps.

rsh and rexec must die. rsh and rexec should be scary even if THESE users
are VPN tunneled, as then you have to be very careful to prevent rsh+ from
accepting connxns from non-VPN. ever. easiest is uninstall ...

--
Bill
n1vux-WYrOkVUspZo at public.gmane.org bill.n1vux-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org