Linux "micro-cloud"

On Nov 5, 2009, at 9:54 AM, markw-FJ05HQ0HCKaWd6l5hS35sQ at public.gmane.org wrote:
> which I'll run a one or more virtual machines doing the web and
> service
> hosting. (If there is enough bandwidth, I may run VMs on the database
> machine as well)

Not a silly question: why?  On the face of it this doesn't seem like
virtualization is a good solution.  If your database engine scales
with cores then virtualizing that is a losing proposition, and web
farms are usually better handled as 1U rack mounts than virtualized on
large hardware.

Just food for thought.

--Rich P.