Comcast

    Matthew> I wish I had the option of a customer-friendly
    Matthew> (server-friendly) ISP.  RCN, Speakeasy, I tried a bunch,
    Matthew> none operate in my town.  All I have is the choice
    Matthew> between Vz FIOS and Comshaft (both of which have
    Matthew> no-server rules, but Comcast is more aggressive and
    Matthew> obnoxious in enforcing it).

I hate defending Comcast, because I'm only using them because they are
less impossible to deal with than Verizon (which you have to deal with
if you have Speakeasy and it breaks), not because they're actually
offering what I want to buy at a price I want to pay.

But the TOS doesn't actually prohibit all servers.  It just says you
can't run a web server for commercial purposes. (I can't find this
right now, but I know I read it when I originally set up the dynamic
DNS.)  I take this to mean that I can have a dynamic DNS so that the
people I play music with can download PDF's directly from my machine,
but that I put the website I develop for a client somewhere else.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

When I die and there's a memorial service, I want you to go to the
piano and play _The Man I Love_ in my key. If I don't come out on that
stage, then you'll know I'm gone.

Kitty Carlisle Hart, (Quoted at her memorial service, where they did
in fact play _The Man I Love._)