LDAP for central authentication?

David Rosenstrauch <darose-prQxUZoa2zOsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I can't speak to integrating LDAP with the specific systems you're using
> (i.e., NIS, and Samba).  But we recently set up LDAP authentication for
> a bunch of our internal systems (Subversion, Trac, Nagios, etc.) and
> it's worked out well so far.
>
> We used OpenLDAP.  And for the password length / complexity we used a
> combination of 2 things:
>
> 1) the OpenLDAP password policy overlay (see:
> http://linux.die.net/man/5/slapo-ppolicy)
>
> 2) the OpenLDAP pwdChecker library from the LDAP Tool Box project (see:
> http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/openldap-ppolicy-check-password)
>
> Between the two of them, they were able to meet our password complexity
> requirements.
>
> HTH.  Feel free to email back on or off list if you have questions.

What tool(s) do you use for account creation/destruction/manipulation
etc within the LDAP DB?  The tools I've found can be used for initial
setup but I haven't figured out how to perform ongoing maint.  (Granted,
I haven't looked very hard).

> DR

-derek
       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available