CMS Security

KyleL wrote:
> Hi Everyone I have a question about CMS websites.
>
> My boss has asked me to create a website for a payroll company and I am not
> about to design it from scratch so I thought my best bet would be to do it
> through a CMS such as joomla or drupal.
>
> My biggest concern is security.  As this is a payroll company there will
> bank information, and a lot of money handling so security and functionality
> are my two most important subjects that I want to focus on.
>
> First off do both offer good security?  Should I scratch the whole idea
> entirely?  Which one do you think would have better modules to work with
> that I could set up and work with?
>
> Any general input would be very helpful this is a pretty big project. I
> don't want to start into it to find out that it is larger than I expected or
> this was dumb to begin with.
>
> Thanks everyone for your support.  Also when is the next linux installfest I
> want to create one of these mythtv boxes you all talk about but I have no
> idea where to start.

I know of a Drupal Guru. I'll give him your email address and you two
can talk. Drupal should be able to handle your needs, but of course
security is a major concern. He'd be able to answer those concerns with
you in detail from the Drupal standpoint.

As far as security in general, there are a number of considerations to
look at, both with the CMS and with your general architecture of the
site. Contact me privately to pick my brains.

-Fred Mitchell
603-557-5986