From: Scott Ehrlich
Sender: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
To: BLU
Subject: Dell Inspiron 1545, VM, and no 64-bit
Sent: Jan 1, 2010 9:47 AM

I find it interesting that my 64-bit Dell Inspiron (I have successfully
installed 64-bit Ubuntu and 64-bit CentOS as hosts, reformatting the
hard drive between them), but yet 64-bit installs of vmware and
virtualbox complain the host will not allow a 64-bit OS to be
installed as a guest (I want to create 64-bit VMs).

I'm going to also try Fedora and Solaris, but I don't expect it will
change much.

Are both vmware and virtualbox simply not able to handle 64-bit OSes
yet for VMs, though I've seen posting claiming otherwise?

Thanks.

Scott